Best way to BackUp the site?

ZeroCool22

May 8, 2019
I want to try the last version of Invision Community, but before i want to make a BackUp, so if something goes wrong i just restore all files and have the site working like nothing happens.

After reading some tutorials i find 2 ways to do this:

1. Just go to File Manager in CPanel and just make a ZIP of all the files and download it.

But i'm not sure what this mean, "STORED XNUMBER %" and "DEFLATED XNUMBER %", it means the BackUp went well or something is missed?

This way include SQL DataBase and everything else?

2. Another way:

With the BackUp Wizard.

Wich way is better or i need do the 2 ways?

I want to be sure if something goes wrong with the Invision upgrade, i could just restore the files and not need to make all configs again, in other words restore it and keep going like nothing changed.
Keep in mind i'm new on this thing of hosting sites, so i just learn watching tutorials and asking the guys who know about it, so sorry if some questions are dumb.

Thx in advance!

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

May 8, 2019
Hello There,

i will suggest 2nd option because it will backup your whole files and database.. everything like your emails..
"Note: You can only use this option to move your account to another server or to download a copy of your account. You cannot restore Full Backups through your cPanel interface."

If the Full BackUp can't be restored trough CPanel how will i restore it then?

Reactions: Erick J.

Erick J.

Server Admin
Staff member
Apr 26, 2019
Sydney, Australia
Hello There,

you can use the Option 1. Backup or Restore - for Restoring using your Full Backup files.

Option 2. Full or Partial Backup - you can use it for Full Backup of you account. like bandwidth usage and anything account details and usage.

Reactions: ZeroCool22

What is ALCHosting Community?

• The ALCHosting Community is a place for you to connect with each other to share first-hand business insights & best practices, exchange ideas, gather feedback, build relationships, troubleshoot technical issues and ultimately grow your businesses. By actively participating in conversation, you can make friends, learn and have fun.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Like us on Facebook